Last Updated on September 4, 2022 by KC7NYR
Emergency Management Institute Mission
- To support the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA’s goals by improving the competencies of the U.S. officials in Emergency Management at all levels of government to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the potential effects of all types of disasters and emergencies on the American people.
- EMI is the emergency management community’s flagship training institution, and provides training to Federal, State, local, tribal, volunteer, public, and private sector officials to strengthen emergency management core competencies for professional, career-long training.
- EMI directly supports the implementation of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the National Response Framework (NRF), the National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF), and the National Preparedness Goal (NPG) by conveying necessary knowledge and skills to improve the nation’s capability.
- EMI trains more than 2 million students annually. Training delivery systems include residential onsite training; offsite delivery in partnership with emergency management training systems, colleges, universities; and technology-based mediums to conduct individual training courses for emergency management personnel across the Nation.
- EMI is located on the campus of the National Emergency Training Center (NETC), Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- Emergency Management Institute Training.
ICS (Incident Command System) and NIMS Courses
National Incident Management System
Emergency Management Institute (EMI) – offers self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. All are offered free-of-charge to those who qualify for enrollment.
What is a FEMA SID?
FEMA Student Identification (SID) number is a unique number generated and assigned to anyone who needs or is required to take training provided by a FEMA organization. Your FEMA SID uniquely identifies you throughout the FEMA organization and all of its agencies. The goal is for your FEMA SID to serve as your personal identification number instead of your Social Security Number (SSN) in support of FEMA’s effort to decrease/cease the use of SSN for identifying and tracking individuals.
This Site is Updated Often. Thank you for The Visit!
Copyright © 2018-2022 KC7NYR Amateur Radio Site
All Donations Are for Website Hosting